DIRECTV Residential Experience HOW TO USE AND ASSIGN A CHANNEL LIST
The Channel List function allows the MCS to apply a pre-defined Channel List, which limits channels appearing in the On-Screen Guide, to a particular receiver or group of receivers. An example of when you might want to use the Channel List function would be if a guest or group of guests requests that they don’t want access to certain channels.
Please Note: Applying a Channel List will “hide” the channels from the On-Screen Guide, but a guest can still directly tune to the channel with the remote control if they know the specific channel number. Therefore, the Channel List feature should not be used as a replacement for Parental Controls, which is accessed via the receivers’ on-screen menu.
For more information on setting up a Channel List, please refer to the Administrator Settings section of this manual.
To configure a receiver or set of receivers with a pre-defined Channel List:
- Select one or more receivers by clicking their checkboxes, or select a group of receivers by clicking the checkbox next to “All”
- Click the “Channel List” drop-down box and select the channel list you wish to send to the receivers.
- Click the “Assign” button next to the drop-down box.
- You must confirm the command by reviewing the receiver list and clicking “Confirm”.
- The “Configuring selected receivers. Please wait….” message will appear while MCS sends the appropriate commands to the receivers.
- The message “Successfully configured selected receivers” indicates that the selected receivers have appropriately received the command.
- If you receive a message indicating that certain receivers did not receive the message, make note of the Room ID and try sending the command again.