was designed as an enterprise-grade solution with the following features:
- Scales to provide 36-96 channel lineup in HD and SD, an improvement over the industry standard of 12-24 HD channels,
- One unit will have flexibility to provide HD and SD channels simultaneously, making it efficient and cost effective to serve all TVs in any size hotel,
- Reduced size will replace the three sizable racks measuring seven-feet tall with a single SMARTbox unit built to standard rack-width spacing and stands only nine inches high,
- Remote monitoring and management capabilities enable easier deployment and maximize uptime,
- Low total cost of ownership with up to 90 percent reduction in power consumption and up to 93 percent reduction in rack space compared to similar solutions.
“SMARTbox delivers a better overall free-to-guest operating experience for managers and a vastly improved end-user experience for guests,” said Robert Grosz, vice president of Commercial Sales at DISH. “Reducing installation, power consumption and management overhead are big wins in free-to-guest; having happier guests is even better.”
“As hotels face increasing costs to transition to HD, SMARTbox will deliver digital HD capabilities and analog SD from a single unit, making it ideal for hotels transitioning to new TVs,” said Alistair Chatwin, director of Product Management at DISH. “This enterprise-grade solution also benefits management by providing greater reliability, configurability and increased uptime while reducing the total cost of ownership.”
Download the SMARTbox technical specs here smart-box-specs
Emcom Technologies is a certified SMARTbox installation company.
Call 210-881-0798 Today
For an Estimate on the Dish Network SMARTbox system
for Your Hotel, Motel, Hospital or Assisted Living Property.
Serving San Antonio, New Braunfels, San Marcos, Austin, Dallas, Huston, El Paso, Amarillo, Cotulla, Laredo, Dilley, Pearsall, Beeville, Kenedy, Karnes City, Yorktown, Brenham and all of Texas.